Sunday, February 28, 2010

Sweating to the Oldies!

Sweating to the Oldies!
Needles: US 9,US 10, and US 10.5
Yarn: Cascade yarns 220
Yardage: (sorry not sure exactly, I just used some scrap)
Time: aprox. 30 minutes or so.
Size: Medium. You can go up or down a size just by adding or subtracting multiples of 2
Model: Josh

My friend Josh wanted me to make him a sweatband and I couldn't find a pattern so I just improvised. I decided to write it down since I still have time to enter it for the Ravolympics :)

CO: 78 with size 10 needles.
Switch to size 9 needles for the knitting part. Join round and being careful not to twist your yarn on the needles. You might want to place a marker to know where your round starts too but that is your call.Start knitting in the round K1P1 for about an inch or so, this can also be increased or decreased if you want. I went for about 8 rows for mine.
Switch to the size 10.5 needles to bind off in pattern. I bind off really tight so I went up 2 needle sizes if you don't, don't sweat it (pun intended) you can bind off with the size 9 needles or the size 10.
This is just a fun silly project and stress shouldn't be involved.

HAPPY KNITTING! :)

No comments: